Bryars & Co - Privacy Notice
Bryars & Co gathers and processes your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Bryars & Co of Cloverfield, Houghton Down, Stockbridge SO20 6JR act as the data controller in the collection, use, storing, protection and transfer of your personal information. The designated Appointed Person for the organisation is Martin Bryars, and can be contacted via email Martin@mbryars.com or on 01264 810060.
Information That We Collect
We process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any other way than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from you is: -
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Work Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- National Insurance Number
- Passport Number and passport photo page
- Driver’s License Number
- Unique Tax Reference number
- Any additional information required for Anti Money Laundering purposes
We collect information in the ways described below: -
When you contact us through our website, or by calling or e-mailing us, we may collect personal data such as your name, telephone number and e-mail address.
Additional personal data is usually collected through our initial meeting with you or through e-mail correspondence and through our secure client portal service through IRIS OpenSpace.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where we consider that information or additional services may be of use to you and we contact you with details through newsletters or direct e-mailshots, you are free to withdraw such consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: -
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract to provide a service to clients relating to their personal tax and business affairs.
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
- We have a legal obligation to share your personal data with HM Revenue & Customs when submitting returns prepared on your behalf
- We have a legal obligation to share your personal data with your personal pension provider or insurance provider where we are required to do so by law
- We have a legal requirement to share your personal data with the National Crime Agency where we are required to do so by law
We also process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, including providing postal communications which we think will be of interest to you. Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of those rights.
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about: -
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible, unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with the data protection law, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request for any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. We use third-parties to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
IRIS Open Space
We use IRIS OpenSpace to provide a secure File Sharing service for our clients. They provide a secure cloud based service where files are stored and can only be accessed by ourselves and the specific client to which they relate. Access is through password protection and IRIS themselves have no access to the files uploaded into the service.
For more information about IRIS OpenSpace, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.irisopenspace.co.uk/Account/Index
Iris Open Payslips and Iris Open Enrol
We use Iris open payslips service to provide a secure File Sharing service for our payroll clients who wish to provide secure electronic payslips and forms P60 to their employees. Iris provide a secure cloud based service where documents are stored and can only be accessed by the relevant employee. Access is through password protection and Iris themselves have no access to the files uploaded into the service. Similarly, we use Iris Open Enrol to process Auto Enrol notifications to employees and to document Auto Enrolment under similar conditions
For more information about the Iris Online Payslips Service, please read their Privacy Notice at http://www.irisopenpayslips.co.uk/
We take your privacy seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: -
- To prevent unauthorised access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of information, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- All our employees and data processors who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our clients’ personal data.
- We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and set strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, we will not be able to offer all of our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your personal data for a minimum of 6 years after we cease acting for you, after which time it will be destroyed.
Lodging A Complaint
We only process your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however, you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Bryars & Co
Appointed Person: Martin Bryars
Cloverfield, Houghton Down, Stockbridge, SO20 6JR
Telephone: 01264 810060
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 2ndJune 2019.